Dunoon Grammar School Head Teacher Mr Shaw retires

Mr Shaw, Head Teacher of Dunoon Grammar School is retiring this summer after 33 years of service to Argyll & Bute Council. Mr Shaw started working for Argyll and Bute Council in Rothesay Academy where he spent 28 years. He was appointed Head Teacher of Dunoon Grammar School in 2008 where he has spent the last 5 years. Head Girl Iona Cairns and Head Boy Andrew Black commented, “In the last 5 years we have got to know Mr Shaw very well and worked closely with him. His warmth and presence will be missed throughout the whole school. We wish him a very long and happy retirement.”

2 thoughts on “Dunoon Grammar School Head Teacher Mr Shaw retires

1. As a Cowal Head Teacher, I have appreciated the effort Mr Shaw made to create strong links with partner primaries and the benefits of such work were apparent in my schools. Mr Shaw’s integrity, honesty and commitment to the job is admirable and he set an example to us all in his work ethic and support for children and colleagues. I loved working with Stewart on the skills agenda and will miss him a great deal. Wishing you all the very best for a long and happy retirement – thank you as a parent and colleague for all your hard work, Mr Shaw!