Dunoon Grammar School Stars Shine for Scotland

Pupils from Dunoon Grammar School again played a key role at a significant International Reception hosted by Education Scotland at the City Chambers, Glasgow last week.  The Dunoon Grammar School Pipe Band and Highland Dancers entertained a distinguished audience consisting of educationalists from across the globe.

Dr Alasdair Allan MSP, Minister for Learning and Skills from the Scottish Government introduced the Grammar school pupils to the international audience gathered in the stunning City Chambers, Banqueting Hall.  The pupils then enthralled the audience of 200 delegates, representing 20 different nations, including Australia.

This was the fourth year pupils from the school have performed at the International Reception. Mr Stewart Shaw, Head Teacher of Dunoon Grammar commented

“Our pupils have once again made a significant contribution at a key national event. They are fantastic ambassadors for not only the school but for Argyll and Bute. I would like to thank the young people involved for their continued good efforts and indeed their parents for their on-going support. I would also like to thank the tutors for their dedication and commitment to our young people.”  

Leigh Miller, a drummer in the pipe band added

“I felt really important performing in front of so many high-ranking people. The band and dancers performed really well. Overall, I had a really fun day and it was a great experience”.