St Andrew’s Day Celebrations at St Joseph’s!

A great day was had by all at St. Joseph’s School as St. Andrew’s Day was celebrated in style. Everyone had been invited to come to school wearing some tartan at a charge of £1 per person – an initiative which helped raise funds for the school. Then everyone packed into the assembly hall to watch each class perform a Scottish song or dance. There was quite a genre of singing on offer from ‘Ali Babi’ by the pre-5 children to ‘The Song of the Clyde’ by P6.

P3 gave a lovely rendition of ‘The Colours of the Rainbow’ in perfect Gaelic and P5 entertained us to a performance of Scottish Country Dancing as they performed a Scottish Reel. With the infants performing ‘Wee Wullie Winkie’ and ‘Ye Canny Shove Yer Granny Aff a Bus’, everyone as suitably entertained. Before the finish P4 had us all on our feet with joining into ‘500 miles and then finally P7 closed the proceedings with ‘Auld Lang Syne’. Indeed Scottish culture and traditions was well celebrated that day and everyone joined in to have a marvellous, fun-filled day!

One thought on “St Andrew’s Day Celebrations at St Joseph’s!

1. Although I was not in school on the day of the celebrations, I enjoyed hearing the classes rehearse their pieces. I loved seeing all the photographs when I was back in school and was delighted to see the children in the Helensburgh Advertiser! Well done to everyone involved!