Welcome Back!

It was lovely to welcome back all our children today, including our new families, Primary ones and our new nursery families. There was lots of excitement, smiles and hugs in the playground this morning!

Over the next two weeks staff will be getting to know your child and rebuild their class community. They will making their class charters based on our school rules of ‘Ready, Respectful and Safe’ and these will be shared with you.

Our priorities for this session are:

• Ensuring all children receive regular, well-planned learning in one plus two modern languages.
  • To provide all children with access to numeracy and writing learning experiences of a consistently high standard, with robust assessment of progress.
  • To refresh our vision, values and aims in consultation with the whole school community.
  • To embed the Career Education Standard across learning.
  • To continue to embed digital approaches to improve learning and teaching.

We look forward in working with our Parent Partners in achieving these priorities.

We will have a Visit My Class workshop on Wednesday 11th September at 6pm, which will give you the opportunity to visit your child’s class, meet their teacher and find out more about their learning.

I hope that we can continue to work together in the best interests of our children. I believe in having an open door policy, so if you have any suggestions, ideas or concerns, please do not hesitate to get in touch. Ultimately, I hope that our children take away happy memories from their primary school experience and that they will remember the events, people and the learning that made school memorable for them, enabling them to develop and demonstrate our school values.

Here’s to what I know will be a fantastic year!

Kind regards,

Miss Burton

(Primary 1 photos to be added once permissions are checked).