Primary 4

As part of our new topic, Primary 4 have been learning all about climates around the world and how they affect the growth of food. We researched and described what the weather is like in polar, desert, tropical and temperate climates. We learnt that Scotland has a temperate climate, which has mild summers and cold winters.

We used our ICT and reading skills to research which foods are commonly produced in Scotland. We found that although our climate is not hot enough to grow some of the fruits that we like to eat, we can still grow lots of different things like potatoes, carrots, mushrooms and berries.  We are hoping to select and grow some of the fruit and vegetables we have found in our own school grounds this term!

3 Replies to “Primary 4”

1. Delighted to hear about the things you have learned this week P4. Lots of tricky ideas to get your head around-I know this class loves a challenge. Great! I am looking forward to seeing your ‘crops’ in our school garden.

2. Hi it’s Anya. I’m having a great time at Howden St Andrews. I have meet loads of new friends and we are learning about scottish lochs, it is our assembly on Monday and in maths we are doing the 8 times table. Hope you are having a good time.

3. Hi P4,

P5 here – Sophie remembers learning about food in P4 and thinks that P4 are very lucky as it is interesting. Emma C is looking forward to seeing food growing in our school. Aidan thinks this sounds interesting and he wishes he was in P4 to learn this again.

Miss Anderson and P5 🙂