The New Primary 7

Primary 7 walked into school on Tuesday looking extremely smart in their new uniforms.  They have already taken on some of their new responsibilities around the school with great confidence.

Maths

Liam is Maths Champion for this week.

The Purple group were learning to add decimals and they all feel confident about doing this.

The Green group were working on adding several numbers together using different strategies. They are confident about this skill and getting better at explaining their methods.

In the Orange group they were practising to work with negative numbers linked to temperature.  They feel confident about this too.

Writing

In writing today P7 were learning to write an application form to be a wet playtime monitor.  We filled in a real form for the job and hope we are successful in our first choice of class. This is a very important skill to have for when we are applying for a job, college or university.

School Rules

We looked closely at the school rule ‘We work hard and let others learn’.  We illustrated how this rule looks in our school and thought about what might happen if it didn’t exist.

5 Replies to “The New Primary 7”

1. I enjoyed. The first day of p7 I thought every one look smart
    I enjoyed doing the poster about rules

2. Hi Primary 7,

I agree that you looked very smart this week and I hope that this continues for the whole year! I’m pleased that you have been working hard, particularly with your maths work.

I’m looking forward to reading all your posts and comments throughout the year.

Miss Anderson 🙂