Primary 1 – A new and exciting beginning!

Primary 1 had a great first day today.  They all settled well and were ready to begin their school  journey.  The children made lots of choices during our ‘Play and Learn’ times.  We read a story together and talked about the meanings of words and travelling safely.  The buddies were fantastic!  They came to the class to help the children get ready for both break time and lunch time and at the end of the school day.  At lunchtime the children  sat in the lunch hall and shared time with their buddy, returning to the playground for a run around and a time to explore.

After lunch the children returned to the classroom and we  investigated mark making using chalk boards, we developed our  scissor skills and  created a  ‘This is me on my first day at school’ line drawing .  At the end of the day we were joined by our buddies again who walked with us on our first Primary 1  Daily Mile around the school.  Well done!

One Reply to “Primary 1 – A new and exciting beginning!”

1. Primary 1 is it great to see how quickly you have settled into life at school. I am glad your P7 buddy’s have been helping you this week.