Welcome to our Bathgate Early Years Centre Blog.

Digital Schools Awards Scotland

Sharing our learning………

Please look below to discover what we are learning about at nursery.

Feel free to tell us what you like about our learning by adding a comment to the post.

You can also contact us by email at  wlbathgate.eyc@westlothian.org.uk   or by telephone on 01506 776234

and follow us on Twitter @wlbeyc

Transition to School Visit

We would like to thank the staff of St Mary’s Primary School for arranging a wonderful transition to school visit for our preschoolers.

.

Nursery Team :

Thank you from Miss Kelly

I want to share a huge thank you to the children, families and staff at Bathgate Early Years Centre. I am truly overwhelmed by the love and support. It has been an emotional week but I am so thankful to have had such a fantastic almost 6 years at BEYC. Thank you for all of my thoughtful gifts and cards I was really touched by the words you all contributed to creating the framed wordle, I will treasure them forever. The staff completely spoiled me and created a beautiful photo memory book so I will never forget the fun I’ve had with you all.

Thank you to Miss Heenan who wrote an amazing poem which sums up my journey at BEYC perfectly. Please click here to read Poem

I have been so privileged to have spent time with the best colleagues/friends and families over the years and wish all of the children the very best as they continue through their early years and onto the next stage of their journey. I will miss you all and will be sure to keep in touch with the staff to hear how well you are all doing.

I begin my new chapter as an Early Learning and Childcare Area Support Manager for West Lothian Council on Monday.

Love from,
Miss Kelly
x

Try at Home: Single Use Plastic Activity

At Bathgate Early Years Centre we are a proud Eco School and through our work at BEYC we like to look after the environment in whatever way we can. Can you take part in the activity below from Keep Scotland Beautiful?

Go around your home looking at products that are made of or packaged in plastic that will be only useful during the life of the product. That is what is called ‘single-use plastic’. Examples of this are toothpaste tubs, plastic toothbrushes and yogurt pots. Count how many different types of single-use plastic products or containers can you find at home.

Keep Scotland Beautiful

BEYC Eco Song (sung to the tune of Frere Jacques)

TAKE CARE NEAR ROADS
TAKE CARE NEAR ROADS
OH DON’T YOU
OH DON’T YOU
STOP AND LOOK AND LISTEN
STOP AND LOOK AND LISTEN
WE WILL TOO
WE WILL TOO
WE LOVE GARDENS
WE LOVE GARDENS
OH DON’T YOU
OH DON’T YOU
PLANT SOME TREES AND FLOWERS
PLANT SOME TREES AND FLOWERS
WE WILL TOO
WE WILL TOO
WE LOVE BEING HEALTHY
WE LOVE BEING HEALTHY
OH DON’T YOU
OH DON’T YOU
EXERCISE AND EAT RIGHT
EXERCISE AND EAT RIGHT
WE WILL TOO
WE WILL TOO
WE RECYCLE
WE RECYCLE
OH DON’T YOU
OH DON’T YOU
SAVE IT FOR THE FUTURE
SAVE IT FOR THE FUTURE
WE WILL TOO
WE WILL TOO
SWITCH THE LIGHT OFF
SWITCH THE LIGHT OFF
OH DON’T YOU
OH DON’T YOU
TRY TO SAVE SOME ENERGY
TRY TO SAVE SOME ENERGY
WE WILL TOO
WE WILL TOO
We would love to see a clip of you and your family singing our Eco song or a photograph of the single use plastic items you have found around your home. Please email, tweet or upload onto your Online Learning Journal
Curricular Areas
Technologies To help care for the environment, I reduce, re-use and recycle the resources I use. TCH 0-06a
Technologies I enjoy taking photographs or recording sound and images to represent my experiences and the world around me.
Expressive Arts Inspired by a range of stimuli, and working on my own and/or with others, I can express and communicate my ideas, thoughts and feelings through musical activities. EXA 0-18a
Sciences (Materials) Through creative play, I explore different materials and can share my reasoning for selecting materials for different purposes. SCN 0-15a (Sorting what can be recycled or not)

Safer Internet Day 2021

Today is Safer Internet Day.  we will be looking at resources that promote the important key messages of Safer Internet Day.

As adults a safer internet starts with you!

Miss Kelly and Miss Fowler have created an interactive playroom to promote Safer Internet Day.  Please click on the icons  to access materials and weblinks that can provide you and your child with more information on how to keep your young child safe online.

Please Click Here To Open Interactive Playroom

Try at Home: Stick Man

Welcome to our Try at Home Sway inspired by one of Bathgate Early Years Centre’s most popular books Stick Man. Please use the arrows below to navigate your way through the sway.

We would love to know if you try any of the activities, please do share your photographs onto your Online Learning Journal (We have attached a little how to video to help you do this)