Good Morning Primary 3!
I hope you are all well and that you enjoyed your first day yesterday! I had a lovely day and enjoyed meeting you all and learning a but about you! I can’t wait to start our learning in primary 3.
I have some tasks for you to complete today since we are not in school:
- Plan a healthy meal: using the 5 food groups can you plan a healthy meal? draw the items on the plate and label them. Look at the boxes at the side – these are your food groups. Colour them the colour of the food on the plate. For example if you drew carrots – the fruit and vegetable box would be orange for the carrots.
- The 5 Senses: What can you hear/ see/ touch/ taste and smell around your house/ garden. Draw them in the boxes and write down what they are.
Balancing the Scales: what number do you need to balance the scales? For example 9 on one side and 5 on the other. The number to write next to 5 to balance the scales would be 4. There are 3 worksheets – numbers up to 20, 50 and 100. You can do as many as you like. Why not try and challenge yourself.
- Summer Story: write about what you did during the summer holidays – play with friends/ family, watch a film/ tv show, visit family, learn a new skill.
- Character Profile: You can either make up a new character for a book or use a reading book at home. Draw your character, circle the words that describe them and write a little bit about them, describing them.
- Be Kind to Yourself: It is important to look after yourself and to be kind to yourself as well as kind to others. Write down the different ways you can be kind to yourself.
You do not need to print these out – you can complete them in any jotters/ notebooks/ paper you have at home.
Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow!