Morning Primary 3!
Hope you are all well and enjoying Sumdog and Education City. Great to see some of you completing tasks already on it! Keep it up!
I am missing you all and hope that you are all keeping well.
Here are some tasks that you can complete throughout the week. I will post a new set of activities next week. Hope you enjoy some of them.
A good way to start your day is with a little exercise. Every morning Joe Wicks will be live streaming a free PE lesson on his YouTube channel at 9am. You can access it through this link:
Cosmic Kids Yoga is another great way to relax and start the day.
Go Noodle can be used for fun tasks between activities.
This week we will consolidate the sounds
|Sun = tch, wr, ea (bread)
|Moon: ay, ea (wheat), ow (snow)|
- Practice reading and writing the spelling words.
- Active spelling task: pyramid spell.
- Word hunt: look around the house to see if you can find words with your sounds.
Read a book that you have at home with an adult. Draw a picture of your main character and write a description of them.
- Think about how they look.
- What are they wearing?
- What qualities do they have? (kind, caring etc.)
What would you do if you had a pet dragon?
- Where it would stay
Now write a story with a dragon in it.
- Why not add some pictures.
Have a hunt around your house to see what 3d shapes you can find.
Create a tally chart that you could use to record your findings as you hunt for 3D shapes. Keep a tally of how many you find of each shape.
What was the most common 3D shape in your home?
Tell an adult 5 things about 3D shapes.
- Look outside and have a look to see what animals you can find and draw them.
It might be a butterfly, a bird, a squirrel, a dog.
- The Ancient Egyptians: Draw the River Nile and write 4 facts about it.
- Use Education City and Sumdog to complete the games set.