P5a

Our blog post didn’t work last week so we’ve got two weeks worth of highlights to share! In literacy, we have been focusing on persuasive writing. Last week Miss Carrera pretended that school was going to be open on Saturdays – we had a lot to say about this! We thought up reasons why school should not be open on Saturdays and we have been working on writing a persuasive essay. In Numeracy, we are continuing to learn about 3D shapes. We looked at lots of different 3D shapes and thought about the properties of each one. We can say how many faces, edges and vertices a 3D shape has. For our Holyrood topic, we have been looking at the different political parties in the Scottish Parliament. In groups, we used iPads to research a different political party. We then shared our findings with the class and talked about which party we thought was the best. The majority of the class thought that the Green Party sounded the best, because we think that the saving the environment is really important. Here are some of our other highlights:

Catriona – I really enjoyed P.E. this week.

Kiara – I really liked the persuasive writing.

Connor & Suvi – We are enjoying drawing mythical beasts and hybrids in Art.

Murray – I enjoyed making the 3D shapes.

Mia – Violin is really good as we are now getting to use our fingers to play.

Amy – I really liked doing problem solving with my learning partner.

Megan – I thought finding out about the different political parties was really interesting.

Enjoy the weekend 🙂