Two weeks of learning in P7b

Last Wednesday morning we held our first PATPALS session.  (Pupils as teachers, parents as learners) During this there were several activities to choose from.  At one table, there were large pieces of paper with number talk style questions on them.  We had to teach our parents/carers different strategies we would use to solve the calculations shown.  Some parents were surprised by the different strategies we use! Parents learned that it’s okay to use different strategies, whatever suits the learner best.

Yesterday we performed our Jack and the Beanstalk panto to our parents/carers and siblings.  Some of us were a bit nervous at the beginning but we enjoyed performing.  We worked extremely hard and are proud of our efforts.

Here are some of our highlights from the show:

‘I liked watching Meg and Polina doing gymnastics.’- Meadow

‘I was proud of Ryan and Reiss for singing.’ David

‘I liked getting our face painted backstage.’- Valerija

‘I enjoyed when me, Meadow and David went on stage to collect the golden hen (Liam).  I added a bit to the script when I said ‘hi!’ – Ryan

‘I liked when Meg was revealed as the giant and the audience were a bit shocked.’ – Iona

At the end of the show we gave Emma and James a birthday card and embarrassed them by singing Happy Birthday!

Thank you everybody for coming along.  We hope you enjoyed it as much as we did.

On Wednesday we celebrated Burn’s Day by holding a P7 Burn’s Supper.  We invited special guests to join us. During this, our Master of Ceremonies (Jamie) lead the afternoon.  We heard some of Burn’s classics and enjoyed haggis, neeps and tatties as well as Irn Bru and a Tunnocks tea cake!  We listened to the choir perform ‘The Wild Mountainside’ and David bravely sang a capella to ‘My Love is like a Red, Red Rose’.   Some of us also danced the Dashing White Sergeant.  To end the celebration we formed a circle to sing Auld Lang syne.

What a busy week!  Enjoy the weekend everyone,

P7b

Last week’s Dojo winner- Millie

Table of the Week- Team Bones

Article 28- Right to Learn

Article 29- Right to develop talents and abilities

One thought on “Two weeks of learning in P7b”

1. I was gutted that I couldn’t make the PATPAL session in the end and then Viggo’s dad missed the show because of a heating engineer!! No brownie points for us this week as far as our son’s concerned 🙁 At least we can buy the DVD and enjoy the show at home. Suvi assures us it was brilliant!