P4a

Language

This week we have been learning about different types of sentences.

Sophia- there are four different types of sentences

Suvi – the four types are command, question, exclamation and statement

Liam – Suvi went to the shops (statement)

Euan – “Pick the litter up,” said Tim (command)

Teighan – “What is that?” said Suvi (question)

Megan – “I love this ride!” said mum (exclamation)

Maths

This week we have been building on our previous learning about coordinates. We all had the opportunity to make a grid and position objects on it and ask our elbow partners to identify the coordinates.

Denholm – I really liked it when Alfie had to try and solve my grid questions

Connor – it was fun swapping sheets and trying to find what the coordinates were

We also had a fun time using games to consolidate our learning of the four operations. This was also a good time to evaluate how well we work as part of a team and how well we can follow instructions. Some of the games we played were shut the box, nine snap, what number am I and speed tables. Here are some pictures –

100_1837100_1842

HWB

We are all learning a lot about how to react appropriately to different situations.

Suvi – This week we were doing drama. We got a card either saying aggressive, weak or cool and we had to act out what it said on the card with our partners.

LATC

We have started our Viking fact files. We had great fun using the books in class to research where the Vikings came from and what places they raided. We discussed the difference between fact and opinion before beginning our task. Here is a picture of us using the books –

100_1854

Science

We were looking at different materials and predicting if they were magnetic or non-magnetic. We discussed our predictions with our elbow partner and recording them. We were then able to test our predictions using different magnets.

100_1873100_1867

P.E.

We have been learning about good teamwork and what the qualities of a good team member are. Our challenge was to cross the playground ‘swamp’ using 3 hula hoops per team.

100_1860

Have a great weekend!

2 thoughts on “P4a”

1. Jings!! What a fun-filled learning week!! I’ll need to ask Sui all about the problem solving challenge. That looks tricky.