A Victorian School Day in P5b

All present and correct first thing in the morning.

105_2546105_2545

Oh Skye – how dare you write with your left hand during our handwriting lesson!

105_2549

An object study on the potato – not finding it too exciting Luca?

105_2561

At least we were allowed to break for lunch – bread, cheese, apple and cake. Mmmm, not bad!

105_2573

We enjoyed our Victorian school experience but aren’t sure we’d like to do it every day. Mrs McClafferty, is that a laptop I see?!

105_2560

From the Blog Post Box:

I wouldn’t like to be a Victorian child because…

…it was boring.                   Cameron

…schoolchildren got hit by the cane or belt and had to wear the dunce’s hat.            Jack

…you had to work long hours if you were poor.                 Jordan

…you would look stupid in front of your friends if you had to wear the dunce’s hat.               Katie

…you wouldn’t have any electronics.                Noah

Pupil of the Week: Mark

P5b Poetry Winner: Casey

Article 28

You have the right to a good quality education.

13 thoughts on “A Victorian School Day in P5b”

1. Hi P5b,
    Wow what an exciting time you’ve all been having! I hope you all enjoyed your Victorian school day and hopefully your teacher wasn’t to strict !!! Keep up the good work guys 🙂

Mrs D

2. Your Victorian school day sounds like it was fun, although I don’t think the Victorian children actually had any fun when they were at school!! It’s was all work, work, work!!

Your photos are great too and I like the photos of Skye with the dunce hat on! Although I also noticed that they didn’t have any hair baubles in the Victorian times either??!!! I am sure Skye took that off to give an authentic Victorian look??!!! Wait till I see her!!

3. I have to agree…. school in the Victorian days was quite boring. I am so glad I was not a teacher then! I got tired of the sound of my voice (particularly during the singing-ouch!) It was really hard not letting the class interact & ask questions….and how boring was The Po-tah-to study! It was so horrible calling people stupid!!!
    You all made such a fantastic effort to make it look like an authentic Victorian school day. The costumes were great! (Thank you parents/careers)!
    Well done P5b for surviving the Victorian School day and remember,
    ‘Children should be seen & not heard!’ 😂