P5d

This week we have been developing our knowledge of right angles and we can now identify a right angle in a shape. We used right angles that we had made to help us.

Lewis McCallum

We’ve also been busy learning about contractions. Did you notice the contraction in the last sentence?

We did a fun activity where we had two words on a piece of paper and we folded the paper to make the contraction. We’re going to try to use our new skill in our writing next week. Here’s hoping we do well. Here’s an example –

step 1   step 2

In topic this week we turned our classroom into a Victorian classroom. The desks were all set out separately and we had to sit on our own and we weren’t allowed to speak unless we were spoken to by the teacher. We had to stand and wait to be told to sit down when we entered the classroom and we had to stand up and say all the times tables out loud as a whole class. If someone gave a wrong answer they had to stand in the corner with the dunce’s hat on.  It’ll be a while before we all do that again!

Here we are lined up for class.

Saying our tables!Handwriting

It’s been such a hard week with all the Victorian rules we had to stick to so we’re all glad it’s a holiday weekend!

Spot the contraction  – how many contractions are there in our blog this week?

3 thoughts on “P5d”

1. Hi Primary 5d,

Another very busy week in your class. The Victorian rules sound very strict. I’m glad school isn’t like that now. I found 9 contractions in your blog post. I’ve tried to use some in my blog comment too:)

Have a lovely long weekend, everyone.

Miss Henderson

2. Hello 5d,

I spotted 9 contractions in your post too. I was nearly counting an apostrophe but double checked to be sure. I like the photos you’ve included to show how the contraction works with the words on folded paper. I’m sure you’re all glad to be at school now rather than in Victorian times.

Enjoy the long weekend everyone,
    Mrs Spence