Our Week in P1l

Thank you to everyone who commented on last weeks blog, it was great to read everyone’s comments.

This week has been a mix of Katie Morag, Internet Safety and Building Safety.  The week started with a safety talk about the building works which began this week.  Steven from the building company came and told us all about the possible dangers and what we have to watch out for during the building works.  Mr Welsh does not need to worry because straight after the talk lots of people came back to class and had the new gym hall built before we knew it and followed all the safety advice along the way.

Tuesday was Safer Internet Day and we learned 4 top tips to keep us safe when we are using things connected to the internet.  We watched a film which helped us remember the tips and made puppets to help reinforce the message of not giving away any personal information.

This afternoon we had great fun ending our Katie Morag topic with a Grannie Island Ceilidh with singing, dancing and a story.

6 thoughts on “Our Week in P1l”

1. Hi Primary 1l,

Your new gym hall buildings look brilliant and I’m pleased to hear that your remembered all of the safety rules. It’s going to be really fun when we have our new gym hall to use. I’m also pleased to hear about your work on Internet safety. Your puppets were excellent. The ceilidh to end your Katie Morag topic sounds like great fun. Have a lovely long weekend.

Miss Henderson

2. I had great fun learning all about ceilidh’s-and enjoyed dancing! I really enjoyed learning all about Katie Morag and her life.

3. I had great fun learning all about ceilidh\’s-and enjoyed dancing! I really enjoyed learning all about Katie Morag and her life.

4. Suvi was telling me about the top tips – especially about the one where she should tell someone if she feels butterflies in her tummy. That’s good advice!

5. Hi P1

Great to hear you enjoyed the building site safety talk and are putting the information to good use!

Regards Stephen @ Hadden Construction