P5d

We have had great fun in the class this week. In maths we can now all identify the sides, corners and angles in a shape. We can identify shapes that tile and have enjoyed making tile patterns. We are now learning about 3D shapes and some of us have used polydron to make nets.

Sasha B – I have learned about triangles. There are three kinds – isosceles which has two sides the same length, scalene which has three sides all different lengths and equilateral which has three equal sides.

Joe M – I really like doing tessellations and that means it’s a shape that tiles.

In writing this week we have been writing a biography of Queen Victoria. We used books and the internet to find information.

Ray J – I didn’t know that I knew so much about Queen Victoria until I started writing about it and I know that’s metacognition because we have been learning about that. It’s knowing what you know and being able to show it.

Teamworking – We worked with a partner to build a paper aeroplane. The tricky thing was we were each only allowed to use one hand and the other hand had to be behind our back.

Becky H – It was really hard and the best way to get the job done was by talking to each other.

Dave J – I thought it was quite easy and lots of fun.

Jamie and Sam having fun!

Have a great weekend.

7 thoughts on “P5d”

1. Hi 5d,

Another busy week for you. The task using one hand only sounds tricky but like good fun and I’m pleased to hear talking and teamwork helped you to successfully make your paper aeroplanes.

Have a fun weekend,
    Mrs Spence