Porridge and Monsters in 5m!

This week we found out that Loch Ness was formed by a huge glacier. We looked at how glaciers have changed the landscape around them by eroding rocks and transporting them within the glacier. When a glacier melts these rocks are deposited to create new hills and mountains.

In our Chocolate Geology lesson we used porridge to create our own glacier. We drew stripes on the porridge with chocolate sauce and watched carefully as it slid slowly down a half pipe. We noticed that the sauce was forming a V shape. This was because our glacier was travelling more quickly in the middle. Aaron worked out that this was happening because the sides were slowing down the glacier. Well done, Aaron!

We were wondering what Nessie thought of all that ice!

Hope you enjoy this little sample of our animations:

by Emma C, Sophie and Travis

by Craig, Cameron, Leon and Ross

by Scott, Ali and Adam

From the Blog Post Box

This week I enjoyed…

…my Christmas dinner and learning to add Tens and Units with regrouping.            Abigale

…doing the animations with Ava because we made really cool backgrounds. We had fun. Thank you for letting us watch all the Loch Ness animations.      Eva

…maths because I’m getting better at calculating the missing number.          Lisa

…using the ‘Animate It’ app because it was like making a movie. It was really good fun.  Ali

8 thoughts on “Porridge and Monsters in 5m!”

1. Well done, your animations are great! I like how all the wee dogs are behaving so well at the end of ‘The Speech’!
    Hope you all enjoyed your Christmas lunch and party too 🙂

2. Hi Primary 5m,

Your animations sound brilliant. I would love to see some of them. Maybe you could bring one of the iPads along to show me some of them, if you have time. Christmas Lunch was fab and it was so lovely seeing you all enjoying having lunch together with Mrs Mackenzie. Keep up the good work everyone.

Miss Henderson

3. Ys I remember we used porage as the glacier.i had so much fun.THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE CHOCOLATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!