P2/1 had fun decorating gingerbread men!

This week in class we are reading the story of The Gingerbread Man.

For home learning this week one of your tasks is to talk about:

• Why you think the gingerbread man ran away?
  • How did the fox trick him?
  • Would you have helped him escape?

On Monday, we had lots of fun decorating yummy gingerbread men in class.  We made sure we ate them quickly before they could run away! 

Sam chose this week’s WOW word from the story and our new word is sly.  It’s a very short word but it started a great discussion about sneaky tricks and cunning plans.  Thank you Sam for spotting such an interesting word!

We had fun making a WANTED poster for the gingerbread man and had to describe him very carefully.

We also worked hard to put the story back into the right order after it was all jumbled up!  Well done everyone.

9 thoughts on “P2/1 had fun decorating gingerbread men!”

1. I enjoyed the story of the gingerbread man and i would definitely have helped him escape. The fox was very sly to try and catch the gingerbread man.

2. The gingerbread man ran, so that he didn’t get eaten.

The fox tricked him by offering him a ride over the river on his back.

Yes, I would have helped him to escape.

3. Hi Primary 2/1,

The Gingerbread Man is one of my favourite traditional tales and it sounds like you are going to be having lots of fun working with the story this week. Great answers, Rowan. I would also have helped him to escape. I love the WOW word of the week and the amount of discussion you had from it.

Keep up the good work. Have a fun week.

Miss Henderson

4. Thank you for your quick answers Rowan! I look forward to discussing them with the rest of the class on Wednesday. Hope you enjoyed your delicious gingerbread man today 🙂

ps Thank you for the cushion for our class library – it looks great!

5. The gingerbread man ran away from the lady as he did not want to be eaten

The gingerbread man believed the fox was going to help him but he should not have trusted him

no I would not have helped him escape in case I got covered in crumbs!
    🙂

6. I liked decorating the gingerbread man in class and it tasted nice too!
    The gingerbread man ran away because he didn’t want to be eaten. The fox tricked him by pretending to help him. I would have helped the gingerbread man escape.

7. I liked decorating the gingerbread man in class and it tasted nice too!
    The gingerbread man ran away because he didn\’t want to be eaten. The fox tricked him by pretending to help him. I would have helped the gingerbread man escape.

8. Thank you for all your comments girls and boys. I’m glad you enjoyed making The Gingerbread Men, they were very yummy 🙂