Home Learning 30.03.20

Good Morning grown ups 😊

Bonjour boys and girls 😊

I hope you are all keeping well and were able to enjoy a little bit of sunshine this weekend.  I am missing your smiley faces on a Monday morning.   I hope you’ve been able to show your grown ups just how great you are at all your jobs and also how good you are at building cars and bridges and also making up puppet shows.

Well done for completing week 1 of the Home Learning, I hope you are all ready for week 2!  I hope you enjoy looking out some bears on your walks.  Have you spotted any yet? 🐻

This is a lovely story which may help your child to understand a little more about what is going on just now.  It is written by a nurse and uses simple language and colourful pictures.

Dave the Dog is Worried About Coronavirus

There are a lot of great resources available for free online at the moment. I’ve collated them in the ‘Home Learning’ tab above and I’ll keep this updated over the coming weeks. In addition, the link below will take you to some of the daily live events with associated links.

‘Chester Zoo’ has also been live streaming their animals.   If you wish to take a look search for them on Facebook and log in.

Below are the suggested learning activities for this week. Remember they are suggestions so only do what you are able to.

Literacy Activities

• Try to read a story every day this week. This can be a book at home or you can follow the link below to Storyline Online and choose a story from there. Use the prompt cards in the reading booklet issued to discuss the book with your child and support their comprehension of the text. These are also available in the reading tab above. I’ve also added a Reading Bingo activity to the reading tab that you could try to complete over the next few weeks.

https://www.storylineonline.net/

• Complete pages 4 and 5 from the phonics booklet. I have included photos of these below for anyone without the home learning pack.

• Revise phonemes ‘s’ and ‘i’. Please make sure your child can correctly form theses letters.
  • Continue to practise taught common words – see list in home learning pack for the specific words your child needs to practice.

Numeracy and Maths Activities 

• Money Booklet – Page 271. Please support your child’s understanding of this concept by giving them real coins to work with.

• Numbers to 20 – Page 18

• Addition and Subtraction  – Page 92. A number line has been including in the home learning pack.

General Activities 

• Please continue to support your child’s phonological awareness through the activities mentioned in the tab above.
  • Finger Gym activities to support your child’s fine motor skills can be found in the tab above.

I would love to see what you’ve all been up to. You can send in photos to the address below and I’ll post them on our blog at the end of each week. Remember our blog is public so please don’t send photos that have children in them. Names will not be matched with photos. This email address will be used by several classes, so please use the subject line ‘Room 1 Mrs Chan’ in every message you send to make sure I don’t miss any.

gw18burnsidephotos@glow.sch.uk

Let me know if you have any questions or need help with anything.

Keep safe everyone.

Mrs Chan 😊

4 thoughts on “Home Learning 30.03.20”

1. Hi
      Yes he should have one – I should have put one in the orange folder. If its not there I can probably find it for you and then email it to you, just let me know.
      Thanks for the lovely photos.