French

T-T-2296-Numbers-In-French-0-30-Word-Mat_ver_2T2-L-020-French-Numbers-0-10-Memory-Match-Game_ver_2

Good morning room 6,

Alongside Easter, French children follow April Fools’ Day traditions in Spring. On 1st April, people use paper fish to play an April Fools trick. This involves sticking a paper fish onto the back of as many adults as possible, and then running away yelling “Poisson d’Avril !” (April Fish!). Yes you better check your back if you happen to be in France on that day! Did anyone play a prank this Wednesday?

I’d like you to practise some French vocabulary today – see if you can count to 10 and either print off the memory game I’ve added or make your own. You can play snap with it, or matching pairs. You can practise reading and writing the numbers and test yourselves on the spelling.  To extend your learning, count past 10 all the way to 20 – I’ve included a word mat for you to help with this. You can extend your matching game to include numbers to 20 as well. See the song below to help you with pronunciation.

The capital city of France is Paris. I’d like you to find 5 interesting facts about Paris.

One of the most famous structures in the world is the Eiffel Tower in Paris. Can you build your own Eiffel Tower? Or make a detailed drawing of it? Can you draw the French flag? Maybe you could make your own Poisson d’avril and see if you can sneak it onto someone in your family’s back.

Enjoy your French themed day room 6 and please share your learning with us!

Mrs Mirner 😊

7 thoughts on “French

1. Hi Mrs Graham/Mirner

I’m having difficulty logging into Jack’s glow account. Please could you email me is full details.

Thank you

2. Hi. I’m also having problems accessing Brodie’s GLOW account, however I’ve emailed the first week of homeschooling and not had a reply. Could this be reset for Brodie please?

1. Hi Kirsty, hope you and the kids had a lovely holiday. I’ll email Mr Campbell just now to see if he can check Brodie’ login for you. Hopefully you are still able to access the work on the blog for Brodie.
      Thanks
      Mrs Graham