Welcome to P1/2

Hello everyone and welcome to our class blog.

The children have settled in so well at school and it is so lovely to see them playing and learning together.  On the left hand side of this page you will find links to photos and information about some of the things they have been getting up to.

To reinforce their learning in class they will now be getting a little bit of literacy and numeracy homework. This will be a great way for you to see the kinds of things they have been learning and know how they are getting on.

To find instructions for the homework  click on the tab underneath their class photo.

Homework will be given out on a Tuesday and is to be completed and handed in by the following Monday. Please ensure your child brings their black folder to school with them everyday and the work is returned when completed.

Homework at the moment will be

• Numeracy
  • Literacy -phonics(p1) spelling(p2/3)
  • Reading-p2/3

If you have any questions about homework please don’t hesitate to email me

dianeforsyth@shetland.gov.uk

I cant believe we are at the end of Term and you will all be moving into your new classes in a few weeks time.

Thankyou so much for being such a wonderful class this year and lets hope that 2020/21 is a safe and happy one for everyone.

Click on the link below to see the Learning Choice Board for the final week of term. Feel free to continue to access activities already on the Blog which you may want to complete or continue working on.

Week 12 – P1/2 Learning Choice Board

Make sure you check out the PE section for the Sports Day activities for Mr Kirkness and get your results sent in by Thursday – all points will count towards your final team scores.

Remember to look in the Display Board tab to see what some of your classmates have been doing over the past few weeks.

At the top of this page you will see tabs for Literacy, Numeracy, Health and Wellbeing, Topic and Life Skills.

Every day I will put  maths and literacy  lessons for the bairns to complete and I will put 2-3 new activities in the other areas each week.

When you have completed the activities the results can be emailed to me at gw09forsythdiane@glow.sch.uk

This weekend I was nominated to do the Get Wet and Donate to the NHS.

If you have any issues with anything at all- activities set, technology, resources, child engagement, health etc. please get in touch via email.

I really miss you all and hope you continue to stay safe and healthy.

Mrs Forsyth