As part of our improvement plan for 2019-2020 we worked with pupils, parents and staff to define our school vision, values and aims.
- We gathered the views of pupils through class based tasks and workshops.
- We gathered the views of parents with post-it posters at a number of different events, including parent’s evenings, as well as a survey which was sent to all parents.
- We gathered the views of staff at a whole-school staff training event.
Thank you all for your valuable input, we learned so much about our school and our learning community.
Brae High School – Vision, Values and Aims
To create a ‘Learning Community’ that is nurturing, supportive, ambitious and enables all children and young people to thrive.
- To work in partnership with pupils, parents, staff, and partner agencies to ensure that Brae High School is excellent.
- To ensure we work in collaboration so that every child meets their full potential.
- To have innovative and excellent learning and teaching that meets the needs of all learners.
- To ensure the school provides a flexible and progressive curriculum that enables all children and young people to develop the skills they need to succeed.
- To have respectful relationships and communication at all levels in our school community, so that everyone feels included, safe and valued.
- We are curious, creative and critical thinkers who innovate and use our initiative and have fun learning.
- We have a growth mind-set – we know that learning means facing challenges and making mistakes, then reflecting on and growing from them.
- We apply our creativity across all curricular areas.
- We aspire to achieve our best, and get there with resilience, integrity and focus.
- We support and help each other, and celebrate each other’s success.
- We have high expectations for ourselves and others, because we know that everyone has gifts and talents.
- We know that safe, positive, respectful relationships are vital to success.
- We treat each other fairly, with kindness, compassion and empathy, and always take responsibility for our actions.
- We know the importance of good communication and collaboration.
- We value each other, not in spite of our differences, but because of our differences – we celebrate diversity.
- We all have a responsibility to ensure that everyone feels included, valued and worthy.
- We expect to be listened to and help shape the school, and understand we have a role in ensuring that others have that opportunity too.