Film Premiere

In term three we practiced and performed a play for the drama festival. Izzy was our wonderful director. She was very proud of our performance, and so she decided to create a movie premiere for all the classes that participated in the Aith school. In the primary three and four class they preformed a play called Rumpelstiltskin, and in the primary five, six and seven class we preformed a play called The Stubborn Little Girl and the Spider’s Web. When Izzy came into our class and told us about the premiere we got very excited. We got interviewed by Izzy, Bailey, Barnum, and Amber came to interview us about the play.  The premiere was on the 28-05-15 and it was a big success. We all invited someone to come with us to the premiere and watch the films. Everybody was beautifully dressed, and everyone really enjoyed themselves. There was a celebrity visit and VIPs. We got our photos taken by the paparazzi. Over a hundred people came to our school. We had mocktails and a finger buffet for everyone. It was a lot of fun! by Flora Quinnell and Aimee Irvine P7

Horrible Histories with Martin Brown

When I heard that Martin Brown was coming in to see us I was  very excited! I really enjoy reading the Horrible History books and I think that the illustrations really compliment the book. I like the style of his drawings, they really inspire me. I love to draw cartoons and I really enjoyed it when he showed  us some of his drawing techniques. He was really good at getting your attention when he was explaining something. I really, really liked listening to what he was saying and I would love to meet him again.

Aimee Irvine P7

Martin Brown was funny and he is a talented cartoon artist. He told us how to draw a horse, he said, “If you don’t keep drawing a lot then your horse will look like a sausage.”

Scott McKearney P7

I really enjoyed the event. I loved listening to all the horrible facts and doing the fun activities. Martin Brown made the event really fun and enjoyable to listen to. I learned lots from the lesson like how Mary Queen of Scots gave the axeman a gift before her execution. I also learned a lot about drawing such as how to draw a cartoon horse. Thank you very much for coming Martin!

Flora Quinnell P7

I really enjoyed Martin Brown coming to the school, he was very funny and he is a very good drawer. He showed us that even if you don’t draw realistically it doesn’t mean you’re not a good drawer. Callum McLean P7

I thought Martin was funny, cool and just plain AWESOME! He is oh so good at drawing and he is not boring and I love the Horrible Histories. My favourite one is Edinburgh so keep up the good work Martin! Shay Polson P5