Primary 4 Home Learning Monday 01.06.2020

Monday

Good Morning everyone. Can you believe that it is June already? The months are going so quickly. I hope you all had a lovely weekend and enjoyed the gorgeous weather we are having. I hope you managed to see some friends and family now that lockdown has eased slightly. Mr Cryans, Charlie and I visited my Mum and Dad for the first time since lockdown began and we had lots of fun in their garden.

We are going to have a bit of a different week this week. I have been inspired by the SpaceX mission that launched at the weekend. The launch was so exciting so I thought we could have a Space themed week.

Health and Wellbeing

Have a go at some Space themed yoga this morning. There are lots of poses to choose from. Could you make up your own Space themed yoga routine?

Check in Activity

Let me know how you are feeling today and how your weekend was. You can send me an email or leave me a message on Google Classroom. Remember my email is gw10norwooddonna@glow.sch.uk

Mindfulness

Reading

Take a look at the CBBC Newsround article. Try to read as much as you can from the article to find out about the SpaceX Mission.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/52526849

Sentence work

L.I. To takes notes about what I have read

As you read the SpaceX article I want you to think about what you find the most interesting about the mission. Can you write down 3 interesting facts in proper sentences?

Here is an example- Both of the astronauts that are travelling to Space are married to other astronauts.

Remember that your sentences must have a capital letter at the beginning and a full stop at the end.

Spelling

We all have the same spelling words this week. They are all space related. Have a go at finding the meaning of each of the words. Try not to copy straight from the dictionary. Try to out the definition into your own words.

Mental maths

Have a go at the Rocket Rounding game on TopMarks

https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/rocket-rounding

Remember to choose your level carefully.

Squares – Work on 4 digit numbers and beyond

Circles – Work on 3 digit numbers

Ryan – Work on 2 digit numbers without a number line (try 3 digits for a challenge).

Kaylee – Work on 2 digit numbers with a number line.

International Space Station Tour.

• The SpaceX mission is taking supplies to the astronauts working at the International Space Station. The International Space Station is was built to be a space environment research laboratory and observatory, where crew members could conduct experiments in many scientific fields including: biology, human biology, physics, astronomy, and meteorology. The station also provides valuable opportunities to test spacecraft systems and equipment and act as a staging base for possible missions to the Moon or Mars.

Click on this link to go on a tour of the International Space Station.

https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/station/main/suni_iss_tour.html

Make a poster about what you have learned.

Answer these questions to help you include important information.

• Where do the astronauts sleep?
  • What things are inside the sleep stations?
  • How do you brush your teeth and wash your face in Space?
  • What happens to water in Space?
  • What do you do with mouthwash in Space?
  • What types of food can the astronauts eat?

Try your best to include these answers in your poster.

I am looking for bright, clear and eye catching posters.

Have fun! I can’t wait to see what you can create.

R.E

Although we are having a space themed week, we cannot forget that Pentecost was celebrated on Sunday.

In Sunday’s Gospel we hear how Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to be with the disciples, to help them be brave enough to share God’s message with others. Let’s think a bit about what the Holy Spirit does in our lives today.

Gospel: John 20:19-23

It was late that Sunday evening, and the disciples were gathered together behind locked doors, because they were afraid of the Jewish authorities. Then Jesus came and stood among them. “Peace be with you,” he said. After saying this, he showed them his hands and his side. The disciples were filled with joy at seeing the Lord.  Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you. As the Father sent me, so I send you.” Then he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive people’s sins, they are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.”

Gospel reflection

Think carefully about what you have read and discuss these questions with someone at home.

Suddenly Jesus appeared to them. What did Jesus say to the disciples?

And how did the disciples feel when they saw Jesus again?

What happened next?

The disciples had been sad, lonely and frightened. How do you think they felt after Jesus breathed the Holy Spirit onto them?

The Holy Spirit gives the disciples the courage to see that they can do what Jesus asks of them.

What does Jesus ask us to do? How does Jesus want us to behave and to treat other people?

Can you think how you might do this? And how does the Holy Spirit help us?

The Holy Spirit gives us the courage to answer Jesus’ call, to do what God asks of us even when it is difficult. We each answer that call in a different way, but the Holy Spirit helps and guides us along the way.

This week let’s try to notice the Holy Spirit in our lives, helping us to be brave, and helping us to spread Jesus’ message of peace in our world.