Good afternoon everyone! I hope you have been having a lovely long weekend. I look forward to hearing your stories. We have another busy week ahead of us so keep reading for a note of your homework and reminders.
Spelling: Lists 2 and 9 should be completed this week. Each word should be written out 3 times in your spelling jotter. Please choose 6 words to use in an uplevelled sentence. You should use ambitious VCOP as much as possible in your writing. Wow me with your great sentences this week.
Reading: Your core reader was issued two weeks ago. Once again, there will be no written homework as we will continue to complete our comprehension tasks for the core readers in class. As always, if there is any vocabulary you are unsure of, please take a note of it and we will discuss it in class.
Please remember to read aloud to someone at home and try to use expression where needed. Your reading feedback form should be completed (if possible) by the person hearing you read aloud. This task should be completed for Thursday. Your core reader should be brought to school with you each Thursday to allow you to participate in the class lesson. A number of you are forgetting to do so!
Personal Reading Challenge: Our Personal Reading Challenge has began again. You have 4 weeks to reach the target you set last week. Please remember to bring your book to school as this will allow you to read it during our ERIC sessions.
Please remember to record the books in your reading passport as you finish them. The passport is kept in class. Remember this is your record of the number of books you have read so far this term.
Maths: Please access the relevant link below for your maths homework. This should be completed in your maths homework jotter and returned to school by Friday.
If you wish additional practice of your multiplication tables, please use the links below.
Topic: You have a personal project to complete as part of our Titanic topic. You have now have just over 2 weeks to complete your project as you will be presenting to your peers on Thursday 15th June. Remember to use your time wisely. Please click here for all the necessary details.
- P.E. is on Tuesday and Friday. Please ensure you have a full kit to change into. We may venture outside on Friday (weather permitting) therefore please ensure you have suitable outdoor clothing.
- Our Fairtrade Tuckshop is on every Wednesday. Please remember to check our rota to see if you are in charge of the tuckshop this week. If you wish to buy something, please remember to bring the exact money to school. Details of prices can be found here.
- Please remember each group needs 3 empty water bottles (2l in size) for an activity we will be working on next week.
- Trip money and consent form should be returned to school as soon as possible.
- We are still looking for one parent helper to come with us on our trip to the Tall Ship on Tuesday 6th June. If someone at home is able to help, please leave a post on the blog or bring a note to school in your diary.
See you all tomorrow.