St. Patrick's Primary, New Stevenston

Primary 4/5 – Wednesday 13th May 2020

Good morning boys and girls!

You can now access the  Oxford Owl  website using the username and password:  stpatsprimaryp4/5

There are lots of different books to explore and you can even listen to the audio version as you read along.

Click ‘my class login’ in pink at the top of the page and insert stpatsprimaryp4/5 for both the username and password.

I have created a page for our Identify the Bird challenge – click here to take part.

Tuesday 12th May 2020

Good morning boys and girls!

I hope you are all well and that you are enjoying the sunshine!

I am still missing you all very much but I have enjoyed reading your posts in the comments section below.

Well done to all the table champs last week, today’s tables challenge is focused on the 3x, 4x and 5x tables. Why not recite the tables aloud as we would in class before starting the challenge on Sumdog? The challenge will take place on Sumdog each day and I’ve extended the time to 3pm.

I have added some new tasks for this week to Studyladder but that doesn’t mean you can’t go on Sumdog and remember you also have the password on your card for Teach your Monster to Read as well.

I have provided some rounding and estimation revision sheets for you to download – Rounding to the nearest 10 Rounding to the nearest 100 Estimating and Rounding Back to the Start Estimating an Answer. You could also use these sheets to create your own addition and subtraction examples to practise your mental strategies.

I am still taking pictures in my garden for the ‘Identify the Bird’ challenge. I hope to put this on the blog tomorrow, so be sure to check this page tomorrow morning.

Have you been taking part in the The Angelus challenge? Join in online here. Remember to take time for a few moments of Quiet Prayer as well.

Newsround is on each day and you can also visit P4 BBC Bitesize lessons  and P5 BBC Bitesize lessons and choose from different lessons each day.

Keep up the good work and take care!

Miss Mulvaney 🙂