St. Patrick's Primary, New Stevenston

Primary 4/5 – Tuesday 26th May 2020

Good morning boys and girls!

I hope you all had a lovely bank holiday weekend!

I have set new online tasks in Studyladder this week but there are other tasks listed below. I am also going to be setting tasks through Microsoft Teams, so log in to Teams and have a look around,  you can even send me messages and pictures of your work on Teams!

I am still trying to photograph different birds in my garden for our challenge but it is proving difficult as it seems to be the same types of birds that are visiting my garden, so I might take my camera with me on my walk with the dogs! Keep an eye on our Identify the Bird challenge page as I will add to it whenever I have a new picture.

However, I saw something in my garden the other day which was fascinating and I have been trying to identify it. I have researched it and I think I know what it is but I’m not 100% sure, so I thought that you could help me!

What do you think it is?

Why not see what other insects you can spot in your garden or on your walks? You can upload your pictures in Teams. Use this Minibeasts sheet to help you.

I have also attached a colouring activity – Minibeasts Mindfulness.

Literacy Tasks

I have set some new tasks on Studyladder this week but you can also download the tasks below. You can choose your level of difficulty.

Spring reading Comprehension (Mild/Spicy/Hot)

Alexander Fleming Reading Comprehension Activity – Mild  Answers

Alexander Fleming Reading Comprehension Activity -Spicy  Answers

Alexander Fleming Reading Comprehension Activity – Hot   Answers

Numeracy Tasks

Well done to everyone who has been participating in our daily times tables competition! I really enjoy logging in at 3pm to see who the Table Champs are! Remember and wear your badge if you made one. I am awarding extra coins for all the hard work you are doing in the tasks!

Remember when we tried the Times Tables songs and dances, that was good fun! Here is the link to practise with the videos at home – Times Tables Videos.

Keep practising your mental strategies as well as taking part in the times tables competition.

I have set new tasks on Studyladder for numeracy this week but you can also download and choose from the tasks below.

Number Bonds to 100 Activity Booklet

Questions 9x Booklet

Rounding to the nearest 1000

Three Digit Subtraction

Don’t forget you can also go on SumdogTeach your Monster to Read, Expresso and Oxford Owl.

The daily Angelus challenge continues in the month of May, you can join in online here. Remember to take time for a few moments of Quiet Prayer as well.

Newsround is on each day and you can also visit P4 BBC Bitesize lessons  and P5 BBC Bitesize lessons and choose from different lessons each day.

Remember to log in to Teams and let me see pictures of your work or perhaps insects or birds you have spotted 🙂

Missing you all!

Miss Mulvaney 🙂

Message from Miss Coyle

Good morning Primary 4/5. I just wanted to say hello and hope that you are all well at the moment. I was thinking about the amazing sock puppets you made earlier on this year and I was wondering if you still have them and if so, how are they finding lockdown? I would love to hear about that.
Miss Coyle