St. Patrick's Primary, New Stevenston

P3/4

Good afternoon boys and girls.

I am missing you all so much! I would love to hear from you all, how are you all getting on?

I can see some of you have been attempting to complete the adjectives challenge on Sumdog for this week. The leader board is changing each time I log on to have a look at your progress so well done! I have also set some Numeracy Data Handling tasks on Sumdog, so please try to attempt these tasks too. These tasks will end on Monday evening and i’ll then set new ones again.

I have uploaded an Egyptian task for you to look at. This online task allows you to read some relevant facts about hieroglyphic writing. You can then write your name using the computer.

The link below shows you the Egyptian alphabet and there is a secret message for you to solve. Don’t give it away though! Give the rest of the class time to solve it. If you solve it just let me know without revealing what it says. Good luck. 🙂

Hieroglyphic Secret Message

Why not use the Egyptian alphabet to create your own secret message for me, or someone in class. We can put them in our ‘Box of Good Feelings’ and give them out when we return to school.

You are a creative class so why not look at some of your spelling words and put some of them in a hidden picture, just like we’ve done before in class. If you have a particular favourite bring it into school when we return as I’d very much like to see it.

Try to look at Miss Coyle’s Stations of the Cross video and complete a kind deed at home. I’m sure you are doing lots of kind deeds at home with your families.

Have a great Wednesday P3/4. Take care for now.

Miss Park 🙂