Thursday Funday!

This morning we all set off together to some nearby cliffs to do some rock climbing. The children put on harnesses and helmets and took to the rocks. They all gave it a go and managed to climb to the top of the cliff. It was a lovely morning and everyone had a great time.

This afternoon, the children went to different activities with their groups. Group 1 went canoeing and then to the ropes course. The children loved canoeing and some of them even got over their fear of the sea. Two canoes were tied together and everyone got in. The children had to try to paddle the canoe in different directions. Some people were paddling more than others…they nearly ended up in Oban! Fortunately everyone got back to shore safe and sound.

Group 2 went on an adventure walk. This was the highlight of some of their times at Kilbowie. The children went a walk through caves and up a mountain. The mountain was high and some of the children were calling their instructor Bear Grylls. This activity was great fun.

This evening the children spent longer getting ready. Miss Thomson and I took on the role of hairdressers and fashion advisors. It’s amazing how quickly a case can be packed, when you need to get ready for a disco! The children were all showing off their dance moves and had a great time at the disco. Our very own Alan even took on the role of DJ at the disco and provided us with great tunes. A good time was had by everyone and it was a super way to end an excellent time at Kilbowie.

Tonight, as a school, we sat down and spoke about our favourite things about Kilbowie. The children have all summed up their experience. You can read them below.

Marc – Kilbowie has been fun. I liked being with my friends and I liked the Gorge Walking. I would love to come back.

Aiden – Kilbowie has been great because of the mountain climbing and Gorge Walking. I liked the skiing because I learned how to ski and I would definitely come back.

Robbie – Kilbowie has been great because I got to do Gorge Walking and the adventure walk. I would come back to Kilbowie.

Miller – Kilbowie has been awesome. I have had lots of great experiences. The best one was canoeing because we had to work as a team to get back to land.

Alan – Kilbowie has been weird and fun. I liked the Nightline because I didn’t have to put on the blindfold and you held a rope and went round in the dark. I also loved being the DJ at the disco. I liked the water activities.

Cody – Kilbowie has been excellent because of the nature walks and the water activities. I would come back.

Malcolm – Kilbowie has been a great learning experience because all of the activities have been really fun. I really enjoyed Nightline. I have learned how to paddle in a canoe. I would come back.

Lewis – Kilbowie has been awesome. I’ve tried lots of new things and had a great experience. I used to be afraid of water and now I’m not.

Erin – Kilbowie has been a really good experience as I used to be afraid of the sea but canoeing has shown me that I don’t need to be afraid of it anymore. It’s been an amazing experience and I would definitely come back again.

Joan – Kilbowie is amazing in all different ways. I used to be scared of heights but now I’m not because of mountain climbing and rock climbing.

Kirsty – Kilbowie was a big experience because you got to do lots of activities that you have never done before and all of them were so different – I can remember every activity and I liked them all.

Hailey – Kilbowie is something that I will probably remember forever because I have done stuff that I probably won’t get to do again. I might never get to do rock climbing or skiing again.

Jennifer – Kilbowie is amazing because I loved rock climbing. When we went on the adventure rock, we had to walk up a huge mountain and when I was at the top I realised that I didn’t have to be scared of heights anymore.

Breehann – Kilbowie has been fun because I didn’t know how to ski before I came here but now I know.

Jessica – Kilbowie has been one of my favourite things that I have done in my life. When we were at the top of the mountain at the adventure walk, I wasn’t as scared as I thought I would be.

Emma – Kilbowie is amazing. It is such an experience to be able to have fun and learn at the same time with all of your friends. My favourite thing from Kilbowie has been the Gorge Walking. It was fun to get wet.

Louise – I think Kilbowie has been a great experience. At skiing I was scared of going down the big hill but I did it and it was really fun. All you do is laugh. I loved mountain climbing – I was scared of heights at first but once I was at the top and looked down and I felt like I had freedom. It’s been an excellent experience.

The children are all in bed, exhausted, cases packed and excited to come home to see you all tomorrow. It has been an honour to look after the children since Monday and share this experience with them. I have been so impressed with their attitude and the way that they have encouraged each other. They have tried every single activity and have worked excellently together as a team. We will see you all tomorrow when we return home safe and sound. The children can’t wait to tell you all about their week!