Day 2 Adventures at Kilbowie

This morning’s activity was Safari. At safari, Derek introduced the idea of wildlife in Scotland to the children along with a few jokes which were well received. Then the children went outside to explore the local wildlife. Derek did a special whistle and lots of birds came down from the sky. We also caught a field vole and everyone got to have a close look at it.

This afternoon we all went Orienteering together. We went in a mini bus to the forest and the children split into trios and set off to find the different orienteering pins. Orienteering was a great success and thankfully we didn’t lose anyone!

Dinner was steak pie with mashed potatoes. Some words used to describe it were yummy and delicious!

Tonight was a great evening activity. It was Nightline. This is where the children all wear blindfolds and work as a team to work their way around a ropes course, going through tunnels and ducking under trees. All of the children worked well together and displayed excellent communication skills. Miss Thomson and I are so proud of their excellent attitude during this activity!

Here are some of our favourites moments from today:

Jessica – Today was a very exciting day. My favourite bit was when Derek took us outside during safari.

Emma – My favourite part of today was the Nightline because it was really fun and we had to communicate so we didn’t trip up.

Breehann – My favourite part was the Nightline because you didn’t know where you were going.

Joan – My favourite part was Nightline because everyone kept falling and it was really funny.

Jennifer – My favourite thing was Nightline because I kept tripping over branches.

Erin – I loved the Nightline because it was really intense and it was a great experience.

Kirsty – My favourite part was Nightline because it was scary and you didn’t know where to go.

Hailey – My favourite thing was safari because the seagulls came so close to us.

Louise – I liked the Nightline when you had to go under a tunnel being blindfolded and you have to hold onto the rope.

Robbie – My favourite part of today was the Nightline because it was dark and you couldn’t see.

Lewis – My favourite part was Nightline because it was challenging, fun and dark.

Aidan – The safari was my favourite part of the day because it was adventurous.

Marc – My favourite part was the Nightline because it was fun.

Miller – I liked the Nightline because we got wet.

Cody – My favourite part was Safari because we caught a mole.

Alan – My favourite part of today was Safari because we saw seagulls really really close up.

Malcolm – I loved everything today. It was a fun day! Nightline was funny because you could hear everyone screaming.

We are all looking forward to an exciting day of Gorge Walking and Skiing tomorrow.
Night night.