Day 1 at Kilbowie has been a success!

We are all ready for bed and are exhausted after an exciting first day! After a bus journey that felt really quick, we arrived at Kilbowie at lunch time. The children did really well making up their beds! We were impressed! We had a lunch of rolls, crisps and fruit which was enjoyed by everyone.

This afternoon the children split into their activity groups and met their instructors. Both groups went on a tour of Kilbowie and did fun things around the centre.

After a delicious dinner of chicken fajitas and chocolate cake we then got our waterproof jackets on and went outside for two nighttime activities. The children all worked well as a team and the rain didn’t stop us. Check out our school Twitter for some photos.

Tonight the children shared their favourite part of today! Here is what some of them said:

Miller – I liked when I went on a tour with my group today to the sea.

Lewis – I really like the view. When we were going to see the sea it was awesome.

Marc – I loved climbing on the rocks at the beach because it was fun.

Robbie – My favourite part was when I was playing the game camouflage because I won twice.

Cody – My favourite part was climbing along the beach front.

Aiden – I really liked going into the water.

Louise – I love the mountain walking.  I think it was good because we had to try and get over big rocks.

Kirsty – My favourite part of today was walking around and seeing all of the different parts of Kilbowie.

Erin – I love the Kilbowie building and the feeling of being here. I like all of the free time we got today.

Emma Louise – I really liked the night activities because we got to do lots of team work and explore.

Joan – My favourite part of today was when we walked down to the sea and had to climb over rocks and I almost fell in.

Jennifer – I liked walking across all of the rocks and when I slipped and my wellie got all wet.

Jessica – My favourite part of today was climbing over the castle wall.

Breehann- My favourite thing today was the tour of Kilbowie.

Hailey – My favourite part was the quest to find all of the cities tonight. I loved running about in the dark!

Hopefully we all have a good nights rest and wake up tomorrow ready for a day of Safari and Hill Walking!

Good Night!