Thursday 10th March 2016

I had a lovely day working with P6/7.  They were practising their badminton techniques by working cooperatively with partners to serve, return and smash the shuttle.  Afterwards, they played a whole class game of non-stop Badminton.  After interval, the class focussed on Narrative writing in the weekly Taught Writing lesson.  The theme of this was ‘Adverse Weather’ and the children were learning to focus on characters feelings and reaction written in more expressive ways.  They also worked hard to create interesting, expressive introductions to each paragraph to hold the reader’s interest.  I was very impressed with how hard each pupil worked on this.  I am looking forward to working with them again tomorrow and accompanying the class to the Shotts Rotary Club Quiz at St. Patrick’s Parish Hall.

Primary 1/2 and 2 had a brilliant visit from two Paramedics this afternoon – you can read all about this here.

Our new cashless system is still working very well – but there was a big queue to top-up cards at interval today.  It’s a much better idea to provide children with enough money to last a week to reduce the amount of time they need to spend at the machine.

Tickets for the fabulous hamper donated by the Parent Council went on sale today at 50p a strip.  The school captains and vice-captains were selling the tickets round the classes and will continue to sell them tomorrow and next week too.

Our transition to nursery programme continues every week with children in the nursery taking part in Soft Start or Golden Time on a Friday.  Tomorrow we will also have our monthly Transition Play Session, with children from the am nursery session visiting the open area to take part in lots of ‘People who Help us’ structured play activities.

Primary 4/5 will also be out of school for a time tomorrow as they visit Wishaw Sports Centre to take part in a Tennis Tournament.  I am sure they will have a lovely day.

And finally, our busy week will end on a real high note tomorrow with the annual Parent Council Bingo night taking place at 7.30pm in the Marble Club.  I am looking forward to it and hope to see you there!