Mossend Primary School & Nursery Class

Where stars shine brighter

Your Feedback – Your Voice Counts

In May 2020 we emailed, texted and published on our app a survey for all parents and carers at Mossend Primary to complete in regards to our Online Learning.

We were absolutely delighted that 65% of the respondents thought what we were doing was EXCELLENT or GREAT.  The other 35% thought we were good but suggested ways we could be better and 0% said it was poor.

                               How have we listened?

  • More specific year group content –  The channels on our teams have been updated and the files section in each channel is relevant to those year groups. We have left a variety of resources to account for the differences in working groups and pupil choice.We have also changed our timetable to offer literacy, numeracy and topic with a reduced audience – focusing on P1 -3 and P4-7 which allows the content to be more specific. These teacher-led lessons have been delivered simultaneously to provide pupil choice.
  • Some of the teacher instructions missed as chat busy – We have restricted the general channel to just teacher posts so you never miss any important information.
  • Tips, Hints and Suggestions for Parents –  We have published this information for literacy, numeracy and health and wellbeing for all stages and uploaded in the relevant file sections within the Team. We have also created narrated PowerPoints to explain concepts or rationale for approaches – such as the Number Ninjas for P1-3 and are trying to provide further hints when appropriate during the live calls.
  • Written packs for those with no internet access –  Mrs Paterson emailed all parents and carers to seek a response to who would require this and then Mrs McKay and Mrs Paterson delivered these personally to homes. Mrs Paterson has also held two resource giveaways over the month of May, issuing stationery and others to families.  Our Pupil Zone on our website has also been updated with more offline activities.
  • Content Suggestions –  We have taken on your suggestions for content you would like to see online such as a ‘Show and Tell’ for pupils, transition material for P7 and we are sharing the success of our all our pupils from work shared with us by email, Twitter or in the Team through our learning across the Curriculum contexts and our weekly superstar assembly, with recognition for star writers too.

Of course, we want to continually improve and feedback from one survey is not enough. This is a changing landscape and we want to ensure we are meeting your needs as best we can. Therefore, if you have further feedback you can contact Mrs Paterson directly at: ht@mossend.n-lanark.sch.uk. 

 

Report a Glow concern  Cookie policy  Privacy policy

Glow Blogs uses cookies to enhance your experience on our service. By using this service or closing this message you consent to our use of those cookies. Please read our Cookie Policy.

Close