Mrs N’s Notes, 24th May

MY RAFFLE PRIZE!! – HOURS OF FUN AHEAD IN THE NICOLSON HOUSEHOLD!

It was a very quick week in Kirkshaws!  With school being closed as a Polling Station on Thursday and our holiday today, we didn’t have any time to waste.  And P.7/6 didn’t waste one minute of their time in school on the three days available.  They continued with car washing, nail painting and  beat the goalie, then held their classroom sale.  It was the fabulous home baking that kept me going through our Parents’ Night on Tuesday evening!  Did you hear…I won the raffle!  That’s the first time that has happened.  I won a fabulous basket, filled with sweets, a soft toy and water pistols.  Luckily it is a pack of three, so the entire Nicolson household is set for fun and games this holiday weekend!  However, thanks to their determination and creativity Room 10 raised almost £400 profit from a £24 loan!  Amazing.  They have paid for their trip in full, with some spending money thrown in too!  Well done to our young entrepreneurs.

The other big event this week was Parents’ Night.  Many thanks to everyone who came along to continue to work with us in partnership to support your child to achieve their full potential.  If you did not manage to attend on Tuesday night, please contact your child’s teacher to organise an alternative appointment.  Our teachers will aim to find a time that suits you to meet.

As we enjoy our holiday weekend, remember we will celebrate Health Week next week.  Remember to wear your sports gear each day and bring your water bottle.  Fingers crossed the good weather sticks around a little longer to let us enjoy a dry Sports’ Day next Friday.  We also wish our P.7 pupils well as they spend two days at Coatbridge High School.  I’m looking forward to hearing all the stories from the St Andrew’s transition visits this week…exciting times indeed!