Mrs Wilson Update Week Beginning 22.6.20

Welcome to my final weekly update of session  2019/2020. I want to take this opportunity to thank all our families for the support they have given the school by working in partnership with us over these last few difficult months. Your feed back in our questionnaire in particular has been vital in planning effectively for the children in a way that also meets your needs as working adults. I know how challenging remote learning is and the strain of juggling home schooling with the demands of your own workload can only add to that so thank you for your commitment and support.

Moving forward in the new session as you know your child will have a minimum of 2 days face to face class teaching but hopefully this will only be a temporary measure if the covid 19 threat continues to reduce.

We have managed to accommodate sibling groups and linked in with the nursery too to create a similar pattern of days. The groupings were also planned to take into account working groups and allow for high quality, ability focused teaching while meeting the class size restrictions based on the 2 metre rule. As a result the days your child has been allocated are not open to change. While I appreciate this may be challenging the capacity of the classrooms does not allow us to accommodate more than 50% so I would physically not have space to change the allocated days.

READING CHALLENGE

I have been contacted by NLC with details of the summer reading challenge in a new format.

This year, the national Summer Reading Challenge is online!  Silly Squad was launched last Friday, with a host of authors and celebrities helping to promote this to families all over the UK.

Alongside this, Culture NL Libraries are hosting a ‘Silly Staycation’ with our local celebrity, panto favourite Sheepie fronting our summer campaign; check it out here!

https://www.facebook.com/477014162333709/posts/3237642849604146/?sfnsn=scwspmo&extid=RNdHpf6xdI5xkN6Y&d=n&vh=e

Follow the links to get the kids signed up for a Silly Staycation!

CASH PAYMENTS

From August, cash can no longer be accepted in schools and parents/carers will be asked to use cards via the online payment system to pay for things like school lunches etc.  Children will not be able to bring cash into school to top up their lunch cards.  North Lanarkshire Council will be in touch nearer the time to notify parents of this and will advise them to use the online payment system.

SUMMER HUB PROVISION

An enormous thank you to our Holy Family Primary and Nursery Volunteers who have worked so hard in our hubs to support our vulnerable children and the children of key workers, as always you are stars.

Please note

Current hub provision will end on Wednesday 24th June 2020 at 8pm and will move to a new community based hub model.

The following 9 venues have been identified as summer community hubs:

• Garrell Vale Community Centre in Kilsyth
  • Broadwood Leisure Cumbernauld
  • Iain Nicolson Centre, Chryston
  • Airdrie Leisure Centre
  • Coatbridge Community Centre
  • Sir Matt Busby Leisure Centre
  • Ravenscraig Regional Sports Centre
  • Wishaw Sports Centre
  • Shotts Leisure Centre

Staff from Community Learning and Development, Culture Leisure NL and Active Schools will collaborate to lead and manage these hubs. Hubs will operate Monday to Friday from 9am until 5pm.

Any key workers looking to access a placement should do so using the following link: www.northlanarkshire.gov.uk/keyworkers

I will be in school over the holidays and will also be available by email so please get in touch with any concerns or questions you may have.

If there is any change to school plans due to updated government guidelines I will inform you straight away by text.

Boys and Girls – Have a lovely summer holiday and put those school books down for now.

Stay safe, be kind and take care of yourselves and those around you. I cannot tell you how much I am looking forward to seeing you all back in school in August, I have missed you so much.

God Bless

Mrs Wilson x

2 thoughts on “Mrs Wilson Update Week Beginning 22.6.20”

1. thanks for all that. my daughter is looking forward to join primary school its gonna be a big day for us .
    I hope things going fine and our children will be good feature .

2. Take care of yourselves and thanks so much for all your hard work and for keeping in touch with the kids to support them. Looking forward to seeing you all in August xx