Fruit Kebabs

Today we made fruit kebabs.  We learned that before we work with food we need to get ready.  We washed our hands, put on our aprons, we put our hair up and Mrs Noble took off her jewellery.

We peeled the oranges and took the segments apart.  We sliced the bananas using the claw technique to make sure we were safe.  We washed the grapes and took them off of the stalks.  We took the leaves off the top of the strawberries and Mrs Noble cut them up.  We put the different fruits into bowls ready for the afternoon.

This afternoon we each got a kebab stick and a plate.  We had to be very careful with the sharp end of the stick.  We each chose the kind of fruit that we wanted to.  This helps us to learn a bit about being respectful about what other people like to eat.  We put each little piece of fruit onto the stick.  When we were all finished making our kebabs we got to eat them up.

Ellie – I enjoyed eating the strawberries the best.

Jared – I tried the orange and liked it.  I haven’t tried orange before.

Liam – I didn’t like any of the fruit so I made a kebab for Miss Kinloch.  I tried some of the orange at the end.

Evie – I liked the grapes the best.

4 thoughts on “Fruit Kebabs”

1. Well done Liam for trying the orange! I am sure Miss Kinloch thought the kebab you made for her was delicious 🙂

2. Thank you boys and girls for making such delicious fruit kebabs. It was such a lovely surprise when you came to my class this afternoon to give one to me. It was so yummy!! Well done!! Missing you all!!