Big Maths

Welcome back to term 2! I hope you had a lovely October holiday. The week before we had our October week we had some teachers visiting from another school to see how we use Big Maths and to get some ideas for their own class…It goes without saying they thought we were superstars! Here are some of the new numeracy games we showed them. They help us with our learn its and tens and units.

We were also making models using our knowledge of 3D shape with Mrs McDaid and we took our own photo’s!

We enjoyed sharing our stories with a partner. It’s always nice to hear  the different stories our friends are working on. We discussed our likes and dislikes about each story with our partners.

We also enjoyed making some wind socks as we have been learning how wind can be turned into energy for our topic. It wasn’t very windy when we took them out so we had to make our own wind by running about. Did you know that the UK is one of the windiest countries in Europe?

It’s time for Maths week!!

Welcome to our new primary 2b blog! Hopefully you will be able to get an idea of some of the exciting learning we do in primary 2 this year.

This year for  Maths week we are focusing on Time. We have been impressing Miss Langridge with all the things we can remember about o’clock from primary 1, through lots of fun games. We read the story “whats the time Mr Wolf” then played the game in gym. We also played a game called human clocks where we had a race to see who could show the time the quickest using our bodies.

Butterfly Release

Summer- I liked that my butterfly was the first one to come out of its chrysalis.

Maxwel – When a butterfly staring at me I think he just stayed there.

William – We got to feed the butterflies and it was fantastic.

Evie – I liked it when we released the butterflies and I got to get one out but I actually got two out instead.

Ellie  – I like when we get to see the butterflies at home.

Chryston’s Got Talent

Here is just a short clip of the two acts that got through to the final and performed infromt of the whole school today. A big well done to everyone who performed at the final, the auditions, in class and for being fantastic audience members too! You are all superstars!

Good friends

The P1 boys have been thinking about ways we can be good friends. We drew round a friend and then brainstormed all the ideas we could think about that make us good friends. Then we made some thank you cards to say thank you to a friend that has been good to us.

Butterflies

I’m sure you have all heard about our new class pets but here is some more information from the children of P1/2…

Maxwel – The caterpillars came from Mrs Burke (well, she bought them for us) because p2 and p2/3 had pets.

Reece – We wrote to Mrs Burke to get a pet.

Josh – We had to put 2 spoonfuls of caterpillar food into a tub.

Lewis – We got a clean paintbrush and gently got the caterpillars out and put them in their tub.

Kade – Miss Langridge put a hole on the top of the lid to let the caterpillars breathe.

Archie – The caterpillars were hanging on the top of the lid.

Matthew – They were spinning silk so they could hang.

William – They had to shed their exoskeleton.

Ellie – The caterpillars have to shed their exoskeleton 5 times so they are ready to get into their chrysalis.

Evie – Miss Langridge put the caterpillars into the net and now they are busy working to turn into butterflies but they just look like they are sleeping.

Ruth – They start out light once they turn into their chrysalis and then they get darker and darker and that is when we know they will turn into butterflies.