The Chinese New Year

For RME we have been learning about the Chinese New Year. We made lanterns.  We used red paper and glitter.  We had to use our cutting skills and we had to put glue on for the glitter to stick.  We made them red because it is a lucky colour in China.

image imageimage

We read a story about the animals of the Chinese New Year.  The story was about the animals having a race.  We learned that this year is going to be the year of the monkey.

imageimage

We acted out the story using the puppets and the water tray. There was some Aqua beads in the water tray. We liked the feeling of them.

imageimage

We were making cards.  We had to decide who to write it for.  We had to write the inside of the card.  We had some cards to look at to help us if we got stuck.  We also had word mats to help us write our own stories.

imageimage

We had to find sweets and coins using tweezers.  We put them into the envelopes just like the children get under their pillows.

image

We were making the animals from the story using 2D shapes.

imageimage

We even had a go of writing our numbers in mandarin.  Some of us even had a go of making sums.

We want to say thank you to Mrs Woodward for coming to help us with our tasks.  We had great fun!

6 thoughts on “The Chinese New Year”

1. Hi everyone this is Alfie, I enjoyed looking at all of the photos on our p1 blog, thank you for being good friends.

Bye bye
    Alfie

2. I enjoyed Chinese New Year. My farvourite part was when we made the lantern.I also enjoyed learning about the animals.

Amelie P1