SCQF Level 3 & 4
This is available as an option from S3.
Our Modern Languages for Life and Work Awards develop learners’ language and employability skills, through studying one or two modern languages in practical and relevant contexts for life and work.
THE MODERN LANGUAGES FOR LIFE AND WORK AWARD
What is it?
- The Modern Languages for Life and Work Award will give you the opportunity to develop language skills in combination with employability skills while also being able to follow your own interests in a cultural context e.g. health, food and drink, geography, travel, ICT
- You can develop language skills in one or two modern languages e.g. French, German and Spanish, which you can apply in life and work.
- You will gain a greater understanding of your own and other cultures by finding out about aspects of life in different countries and you will play a fuller part as a global citizen.
- It is a recognised course certified by the SQA .
- Lots of pupils are following this course throughout Scotland and having great success!
Why study it?
- You will develop a wide range of skills and attributes, including communication, self-awareness, confidence and independent learning.
- You will work with other people in vocational and cultural contexts.
- You can link with other subjects in your curriculum e.g. Business Studies, Home Economics and PE. You can choose!
- It is great fun and will be really useful to you in life!
Do you need to have studied the languages before?
- This Award is a broad-based qualification suitable for all learners and you do not have to have learned the language before.
- It lets you achieve in different ways and at a different pace. It is flexible!