P6/7

This week we are celebrating World Book Day, here we have 2 videos, one is a celebrations of Roald Dahl many books accompanied with instrumental music which I believe makes the video more magical, tell me what you think?! Secondly we have  a rap song from MC Grammar! How many books does he mention? What is the very last book he raps about? Did you enjoy the music, the animation? is your favourite book in the song?  Let me know all your thoughts and answers on your teams page! Enjoy 🙂

Very popular song this week P6/7

! It is fast which makes it more trickier to stay in time. We perform these body percussions well together in school, please let me know if you managed to perform this arrangement from beginning to end. Lots of concentration needed 🙂

Hello P6/7.  Two performances here from The Hall of The Mountain King! We love the one with the people performing and it is interesting to watch all their rhythm’s and movement.   The other video is for you to perform in time with your chosen symbol.. clap, use pots and pans or anything that makes sound! Enjoy 🙂

Hello P6! Two completely different themes this week.  Our first is  we have a lesson  on how to do bucket drumming to the Queen song, We Will Rock You. You can do this at home with anything you can find, Pots and Pans, upside bin etc… You can use pencils instead of drumsticks.  The lesson is all about playing in time and following the performer. Let me know how you get on in your teams page and if you can send any photos or videos in I would love that! 🙂

Second lesson is celebrating the music and instruments native to  China as it is  The Chinese New Year.  Let me know your thoughts 🙂

Hello P6/7 !! This week is  SCOTLAND LOVES LANGUAGES week 🙂 We are celebrating the languages learned and  spoken in Scotland. We are focusing on Gaelic.

Here are 2 videos, one is in the language of  Gaelic , listen and try and repeat, listen out for the pronunciation. It does not sound how it looks 🙂 The other is a body percussion which speaks about the language of music! Really listen to the lyrics of this piece of music and tell me what you think the artist is singing about as well as performing the body rhythm 🙂

Hi P6/7.   Here is a video of The  Scottish Symphony Orchestra playing music for an Eightsome Reel.  Hope you enjoy and I am going to ask questions on your teams page about this performance 🙂

Hello P6/7! Two videos this week for you, one is another Body Percussion of a famous Scottish Song from our own Robert Burns!  The other is a Scottish Group of Pipers ( called Red Hot Chilli Pipers) with a modern twist! Keep an eye and ear out for all the instruments that are playing in the performance and let me know which ones you hear and what you think of the sound of them all together 🙂

Hello P6/7! We are skilled at our body percussion and here we have a Scottish song to practice.  Stay in time, count the beat and if possible instead of clap hands and snap fingers use pencils or anything you think at home makes a good percussion sound. Let me know how you get on in your class teams page 🙂