Good morning Mull class.

Good morning Mull Class,

I hope you are all well and keeping yourselves safe.

I will upload class activities that you might want to try at home to keep up with the learning that has been happening in Mull Class this year.

Here are some activities that take place daily in Mull Class that you may want to establish at home.

1. Get Active, stay active.

Get outside for a long walk in the fresh air.

As part of our jass work Mull class have been getting active and staying active. I know that at the moment we are all restricted to exercising once a day so try to get outside, hail, rain or shine, for a good long walk, scooter or cycle each day and keep those fitness levels up.

2. Book of the Week

Choose a book of the week and read the same story daily, building up familiarity of characters, words and lines in the story and what happens next.

Mull class have a book time twice a day. This consists of choosing a book and looking at it independently and sitting, looking and listening to a story being read. Keep this up by having some daily book time.

3. Chore of the Week 

Mull class have been working hard on their functional skills. This could be continued at home by setting a chore of the week. For example:

1. Washing the dishes
  2. Drying the dishes
  3. Wiping the table,
  4. Setting the table
  5. Brushing the floor
  6. Collecting the washing and loading the washing machine

Choose one job and focus on that one job each day for the week.

4. Independent Snacks Preparation

Mull class have been working on their independence skills. This can be continued at home by preparing their own snacks. For example:

1, Collecting what is required for the snack – plate, cup, knife, bread, butter, drink

2. Opening, spreading, chopping, peeling, pouring etc. to prepare snack

3. Tidy up afterwards. Putting rubbish into the bin or plate and cup into sink.

I will upload jass work, my writing programme, home economics lessons and other learning activities that could be continued at home.

Keep well and stay safe.

Jennifer Moncrieff