Soon, we begin our Beekeeping journey at KGS and have some beesuits, tools and beehives ready for use. (Our new bees are on standby and ready to move in.) What we still need to find is a suitable place to site our apiary outwith the school ground. Can you please help?
Below is a wish list of what we are looking for, but realistically, we know we may not achieve all of them.
We are looking for a place :
- Where the morning sun (even in Winter) will be on the hive entrances.
- That is not too shaded by Trees, although some trees nearby are fine.
- That is not too damp, although, ideally with a water supply not too far away.
- That is not too exposed/sheltered from strong winds.
- That is (ideally) within walking distance of the school, or within a short distance by minibus.
- With room (if possible) to park a vehicle not too far from the beehives to transport hives and equipment.
- That is relatively flat to accommodate up to 5 school children and two teachers (only about 1 or 2 visits each week in summer, less often in Winter).
- Not too close to commonly visited areas (i.e. discretely tucked away).
If you can tick off just a few points on this criteria, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief description of your proposed site.
Mrs Allan (PT of Digital Learning)
Lots of information was covered with all leavers in an assembly with Mrs Bain yesterday.
Timetable change, SQA arrangements and leaving arrangements are all different from any other year and we thank you for bearing with us as we navigate through this.
The main points are here for your information and reassurance.
- 8th June due to COVID and exceptional SQA circumstances
- allows more time for moderation and any required further assessments
Some pupils have to stay on until 4th June to complete assessments: teachers will advise individuals.
Provisional SQA grades may be subject to change after moderation between staff which may lead to further assessment.
Option a) S6 Students who have completed all assessments and anyone who has a start date with an employer next week may leave on Friday 28th May.
(Staff will have to sign leavers’ form. In order to do this, staff will have to be very clear before signing the form that assessments are all completed.)
Option b) Leavers’ day for everyone else is Friday 4th June.
Leavers’ forms should be collected from the School Office on the relevant week. (This week for option a and next week for option b.)
As part of improving wellbeing and our relational approach at KGS, we are looking at how nurturing our school is. Please complete the questionnaire linked below to help us gain your views on nurture at KGS.