Soon, we begin our Beekeeping journey at KGS and have some beesuits, tools and beehives ready for use. (Our new bees are on standby and ready to move in.) What we still need to find is a suitable place to site our apiary outwith the school ground. Can you please help?
Below is a wish list of what we are looking for, but realistically, we know we may not achieve all of them.
We are looking for a place :
- Where the morning sun (even in Winter) will be on the hive entrances.
- That is not too shaded by Trees, although some trees nearby are fine.
- That is not too damp, although, ideally with a water supply not too far away.
- That is not too exposed/sheltered from strong winds.
- That is (ideally) within walking distance of the school, or within a short distance by minibus.
- With room (if possible) to park a vehicle not too far from the beehives to transport hives and equipment.
- That is relatively flat to accommodate up to 5 school children and two teachers (only about 1 or 2 visits each week in summer, less often in Winter).
- Not too close to commonly visited areas (i.e. discretely tucked away).
If you can tick off just a few points on this criteria, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief description of your proposed site.
Mrs Allan (PT of Digital Learning)
Senior Phase Leavers are asked to complete the Form attached so that SDS have accurate information about school leavers in order to support them.
SCHOLAR have released the latest support video for learners. This new resource, “Studying for SQA Qualifications Using SCHOLAR”, has been created to show learners how to use SCHOLAR in their studies as they work towards a National 5, Higher or Advanced Higher qualification.
The video is suitable for learners with no prior experience of SCHOLAR, but may also be of benefit to students with summative assessments or exams approaching who may wish to use the interactive course materials and automatically marked, end of topic and end of unit assessments for consolidation and revision.
The video is available at http://bit.ly/StudyWithSCHOLAR
Today we have launched our first issue of “Celebrating Success” newsletter. Click here to view the first edition.
Click here to see all the Jobs of the Week from DYW for 29th January
Mr Pirie has put together a video to help support pupils completing the course choice process.
Click here to watch the video.
We are reviewing our relational behaviour system at KGS and would like to gather the opinions of all pupils. Please complete the linked questionnaire as honestly as possible.