Open Doors Pre-session 22-23 AGBC Breakout Room Programme
UHI Moray are hosting an Open Doors Pre-session event on Tuesday 31st May for prospective students that are interested or applied for the below courses:
• Sport & Fitness
• Beauty Therapy
• Integrative Healthcare
• British Sign Language
• Leisure and Short Courses
Please see attached PDF for specific times for each area. Students can sign up to event here – Events – Open Doors: Pre-session 22-23- Moray College UHI
This event is open to full time, part time and school provision. The following support services will also be in attendance to answer any queries.
• Student Finance
• Student Services
• Admin Support
• School Provision
• Extended Learning Services
• Health and Wellbeing
• The Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS) are open for applications for new academic session 2022-2023. Students can apply now on the SAAS website and are encouraged to apply before the 30 June.
• Students can apply for their funding online SAAS website even if they have a conditional offer for College or University.
• If students need help with their online application we are running workshops to offer advice and guidance on the financial support available and their online application. These can be booked here
• Once students have applied for their funding, they may need to provide supporting evidence. This can be done online using our document upload facility.
• If students have any questions the SAAS website and the Student Information Scotland website are a great source of information. Alternatively they can contact us for advice.
Currently, due to the effects of the pandemic, a record amount of young people are waiting to get an appointment with the Children and Adolescent’s Mental Health Service (CAMHS, Rowan Centre.) The waiting lists are long and, in the interim, it might be useful to access self help support as advocated below.
DOWNLOADS | CAMHS Resources (camhs-resources.co.uk)
Contact the Guidance Team if more support is needed.
As of April 1st, Keith Active Schools is one of Tesco Bags of Help’s three chosen charities in the Keith store. By choosing to allocate your blue token to Keith Active Schools you will be helping to support young leaders and after school clubs to enable local children to take part in sports and activities.
– Healthy bodies, heathy minds
– New friends and lots of fun
– Young Leader volunteering and training opportunities
We appreciate your support – “every little helps”!
The first session took place on Forres last Saturday but there will be another one this coming Saturday 26th March 2022.
No experience needed – and it’s free to anyone aged 13-16 years old. They just need to register and turn up.
More info: https://findhornbayarts.com/whats-happening/amp-music-intro-to-music-making-2/
Please see attached Spring Events 2022
Speyside Events Spring 2022
If you haven’t already applied for the free bus travel product to be added to your Young Scot National Entitlement Card then check out Transport Scot Pass Collect where you’ll find more information on Transport Scotland’s new App to help young people aged 16 to 21 access free bus travel