Binnie Street Children’s Centre
Learning and Teaching
- Our Curriculum has the four capacities at its foundation – successful learners, confident individuals, responsible citizens and effective contributors.
- We ensure our children have access to high quality learning in all curriculum areas and through outdoor learning.
- We work to provide learners with challenging and enjoyable experiences, well matched to their needs and interests.
- We use a wide range of learning environments and creative teaching approaches.
Principles for Curriculum Design
- Challenge and enjoyment
At Binnie Street Children’s Centre, our vision is to create a happy, friendly centre with aspirations and expectations that all children will develop and learn in their own way.
Our Nursery Values
Honesty – Trust – Success – Friendship
Experiences and Outcomes set out expectations for learning and development in:
- Expressive Arts
- Language and Literacy
- Health and Wellbeing
- Mathematics and Numeracy
- Religious and Moral Education
- Social Studies
Curriculum levels describe progression