Online Unit 2B Reflection

Having read pages 230-280 of ‘The Study Skills Book Third Edition’ by Kathleen McMillan and Jonathan Weyers, I have been made aware of particular areas of my grammar that I need to improve.

In pages 259-265 it discussed punctuation. This was a topic that I took for granted and just assumed that I knew everything. However, after reading this part it made me realise that there were some rules of punctuation that I had forgotten, for example, the difference between single quotation marks and double quotation marks. Now that I am aware of these rules, I will be aware to make sure that I am using the correct versions.

In pages 252-258 it discussed common grammatical errors. As I read these pages I realised that there were some grammatical terms e.g. indirect object, direct object, pronouns and relative pronouns which I had forgotten. In teaching it is essential that I know and understand the different grammatical terms so that I can teach my class about them, and so this topic helped to reinforce my memory of these terms.

In conclusion, reading pages 246-280 of the Study Skills book was so helpful as it revised the things that I had learnt in primary school those many years ago. I will take into account what I have learnt from reading it when writing assignments and planning lessons.