We are proud of our uniform at Dumfries Academy and actively encourage all pupils to dress accordingly. At all meetings with parents we have found that you too are in favour of your children coming to school in uniform.
- Maroon and White Striped Tie or Senior Tie for S4-S6
- White Shirt/Blouse (with collar and short/long sleeve)
- Maroon or black pullover/v-neck jumper (can be worn under blazer)
- Black School Trousers (must be full length)
- Black Skirt (must be mid thigh length at least or longer)
- Black shoes (laces must be black with no coloured logo)
- School Blazer
School ties can be purchased at the school office. Blazers are fitted and purchased from the school supplier Stevensons. Fitting and ordering details are issued to all pupils annually or can be purchased through their website.
- For indoor activities, pupils should change into shorts/cropped trousers, socks, t-shirt and trainers.
- Tracksuits, waterproofs and suitable footwear should be worn for outdoor activities.
- No jewellery should be worn during PE activities.
- Tops advertising alcohol are not permitted.
Because we all see our school uniform as encouraging a sense of pride and identity in our school, we do stress its importance. All pupils are issued with a separate uniform list and guidelines so that no confusion can arise about our expectations.
Parents in receipt of a grant for footwear and clothing from the authority will be encouraged to purchase items which are in accordance with the school dress code. Guidance is available on Clothing Grants from Pupil/Parent Support Unit.