Latest posts from guest bloggers and the community

BeeBots at Home with Kirkton of Largo Primary School Fife. May 28, 2020

Gemma Sanderson, Primary Teacher from Kirkton of Largo Primary School in Fife, shares how Computing Science learning can be continued at home by creating your very own paper BeeBots! Further InformationEmail: gw11sandersongemma@glow.sch.uktwitter: @gems_sand @KirktonPS Read more

Adapting to Teaching Online – Gillian Gillen, All Saints Secondary School, Glasgow May 27, 2020

Since lockdown kicked in my main concern as a teacher has been – how do we reach our learners? Pupils had all been given their Glow logins and passwords before the school closed, so we all created Glow groups and started sending tasks online. People rose to the challenge, sending fun, modern meaningful lessons with variety and structure.   Then the reality of Digital Literacy kicked in – many young people struggled to access their… Read more

Fintry Primary School – Engaging with Learners and Parents May 27, 2020

At Fintry Primary School, we understand the challenges of teaching through an online platform and have explored a variety of options to ensure that our ‘classrooms’ are as welcoming and engaging as they would be in person for our pupils. Within the infant department, we have focused on setting up online tasks using Education City and Sumdog which are supplemented by our learning grids that we have sent home. For our middle and… Read more

A Day in Lockdown with Mrs Pickard and P1b May 26, 2020

Learning at Home with Troqueer Primary School, Dumfries and Galloway May 26, 2020

by Cathy Mackenzie, Acting Depute Head Teacher and P6/7 Class Teacher This video demonstrates Troqueer Primary School’s approach to using Microsoft Teams to support learning at home. Troqueer Primary School have used Microsoft Teams alongside other communication methods, such as our school website and the ‘ConnectUs’ school app, to support children to learn at home. A sustainable model was developed in which the school, which has 10 classes and a Nursery class, was split into… Read more

Our Lady’s RC Primary School – Engaging Parents and Learners May 26, 2020

At         Our Lady’s R.C. Primary School in Dundee, the prospect of delivering remote learning was a little frightening for some of us, but with a positive mindset and some sharing of skills and knowledge, our staff have risen to the challenge! Most class teachers have opted to set up a Microsoft Team which allows them to have daily contact with their learners through chat and the uploading of files/tasks/activities for the… Read more

Microsoft Teams In A P6 Classroom Emma Hedges, Victoria Primary School May 26, 2020

CALL Scotland’s Shirley Lawson shines the spotlight on iPad Accessibility May 26, 2020

The iPad is a popular, cool portable tablet which is commonly used to watch videos, play games and for social media.  In recent days, the use of this device has been increased to include more use of FaceTime and Zoom for keeping in touch with family and friends.  But what about for educational purposes?  The iPad has a range of very good in-built accessibility features that can support young people with additional support needs who… Read more

Guest Bloggers

BeeBots at Home with Kirkton of Largo Primary School Fife. - Gemma Sanderson, Primary Teacher from Kirkton of Largo Primary School in Fife, shares how Computing…
Adapting to Teaching Online – Gillian Gillen, All Saints Secondary School, Glasgow -   Since lockdown kicked in my main concern as a teacher has been – how…
Fintry Primary School – Engaging with Learners and Parents -     At Fintry Primary School, we understand the challenges of teaching through an online…
Our Lady’s RC Primary School – Engaging Parents and Learners - At         Our Lady’s R.C. Primary School in Dundee, the prospect of…
CALL Scotland’s Shirley Lawson shines the spotlight on iPad Accessibility - The iPad is a popular, cool portable tablet which is commonly used to watch videos,…
West Lothian Early Years Learners Blog - Our ELC blog was set up to support and maintain relationships with our children and…
Let’s all “Meet” up – in a virtual learning environment - Our school community are, on the whole, fairly confident and upbeat just now. To understand…
Flipgrid in the Remote P1 Classroom, Riverbank School, Aberdeen City - FLIPGRID IN THE REMOTE CLASSROOM Flipgrid, a video discussion platform, is used for different purposes…
Removing Barriers to Learning Computing Science at Speyside School - As a teacher of Computer Science I’ve always looked for ways to remove barriers to…
P1 Transition Support, Strathburn School, Aberdeenshire -   We have used a variety of technology to support Transition for our new Primary…
Remote Learning, Strathburn School, Aberdeenshire -     Literacy - reading I am currently supporting a probationer and we are continuing…
Thoughts on the Additional Teaching Qualification in Computing, Jonathan Henderson and Emma Hedges - Jonathan Henderson, Lasswade Primary School, Midlothian, @MrHenderson321Emma Hedges, Victoria Primary School, Falkirk, @MissHedgesVPS We are…

Community Posts

Self Portraits on Purple Mash from Cargenbridge Primary in Dumfries and Galloway - by Louise Campbell - Class Teacher, Cargenbridge Primary Our learners have been creating digital artworks…
A Day in Lockdown with Mrs Pickard and P1b - I’m a primary school teacher, passionate about digital learning but by no means an expert.…
Learning at Home with Troqueer Primary School, Dumfries and Galloway - by Cathy Mackenzie, Acting Depute Head Teacher and P6/7 Class Teacher This video demonstrates Troqueer…
Microsoft Teams In A P6 Classroom Emma Hedges, Victoria Primary School - I have learned a lot of digital skills since becoming a MIEExpert in 2016, however…
Higher Biology Podcast – available now - The Higher Biology Podcast, created and hosted by Paul Downie (FH Science, Hyndland Secondary School)…
How I am using Microsoft Teams for physics - Being a Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert (MIEE) has allowed me to develop my digital skills…
Microsoft Whiteboard - This is a blog post about how you can use Microsoft Whiteboard with Teams.  (https://whiteboard.microsoft.com/)…
Distance Learning: Examples of Practice from Falkirk - Practitioners from across Falkirk have collated examples of how they are using digital tools for…
What distance learning looks like at St Mungos High School, Falkirk - St Mungo's High School in Falkirk have produced a Sway illustrating what distance learning looks…
Robotics- Learning New Digital Skills In Context - This year we received an Education Scotland CLPL grant to train staff in digital skills;…