Skill Development – learning log

Sustainable development has improved my skills and concept knowledge. I have always enjoyed reading however some academic readings really challenge me. I find some academic readings had to summarise and many of them can be quite lengthy however I have now developed the skill of breaking the reading into smaller chunks and highlighting the relevant points.

As part of a task on the 19th of October we were asked to make a Piktochart. This was to help inform us of the the sustainability of fishing. We were to work in groups of no more than 6 this meant that our social skills and team work skills were being developed. Working in a team is something that as student teachers we all need to develop because when we are out working we will need to have the skills to work with different professional. I know personally my team work skills can be improved as I quite often find myself wanting to finish the task and work quicker than some of the others around me. We all took an individual topic to research before combining our information. This meant that no individual was doing more work than others, it also helped us to build on our independent research skills. Working with computers is something that I struggle with unless it is a computer I am used to using. The computers in the university use a software that took me a while to get my head around. this skill will be useful for when I am out in school placement as I will be able to persevere and get to grips with different technologies.

My skills are constantly improving and I am aware of the areas that challenge me.