Energy – learning log.

During the last to seminars I have been learning about energy. This is a subject that I knew little about and would haveĀ been apprehensive to teach in school. After attending the lectures and seminars I now have better knowledge and understanding of the subject.

The skills I learned during this theme were; communication skills, team work skills, academic research skills and debating skills.

Academic research is something that I sometimes struggle with as I do not always know what to look at and what to avoid however this theme helped me to build on previous knowledge.

This theme relates to primary school as energy is all around us and it is vital that children understand where energy comes from and how to save energy. I found the workshops really useful as they gave me ideas of that I could use in the classroom. I particularly liked the idea of allowing pupils to create series and parallel circuits.

I learned more about renewable energy and I would like to further my knowledge on this topic.